Traders and Raiders
The children have enjoyed our topic of Burps, Bottoms and Bile so much this half term that we will be continuing it for the first two weeks next term. In this time they will be looking at healthy eating and the importance of keeping their bodies healthy as well as writing persuasive letters.
They will then move on to the next topic of Traders and Raiders. This will be a history based topic based on the Saxons and the invasion of Britain’s shores. They will be exploring how the Saxons lived and where they came from. They will also be introduced to the Vikings and how they traded to get the things they needed.
Some ideas for home learning to get the children thinking, what will you choose to do?
Please bring your work ready to share into school during the week beginning Monday 17th June
• Visit your local library and find out about any Saxon or Viking invasions in your local area or county.
• Try making Anglo-Saxon bread or Viking flatbread (search online for recipes).
• Look at images of Anglo-Saxon coins. Can you design a coin? You could draw a picture or use modelling clay or other materials to make your coin look like metal – use your imagination!
• Do some research about Viking names and their meanings, and make up some suitable Viking names for your friends and family.
• Research some simple Viking embroidery patterns. Using a needle and coloured threads, embroider a small handkerchief.
I love this class because there is always something exciting to do!