A list of useful websites
· www.topmarks.co.uk - has a search facility to find activities or support for everything from understanding the need for sand and water play to tips on helping your child read. The section on learning numbers through play is particularly good. You can also use the search facility for links to other educational websites.
· https://www.ictgames.com/- This website has English and maths games and activities suitable for reception through to year 2/3
· https://www.twinkl.co.uk – Twinkl has a wide range of resources for children in Nursery to Year 6. They have kindly opened the doors to all for the duration of school closure and have given a code ‘UKTWINKLHELPS’ to access everything free for a month in the event of school closure.
· https://classroomsecrets.co.uk/ – fun, interactive and practical home learning resources that are designed to be used by children. These include interactive games, video tutorials and downloadable home learning packs
· https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary – use BBC Bitesize to help with learning. Find free videos, step-by-step guides, activities and quizzes by level and subject.
· www.tts-group.co.uk – downloadable home learning packs for Early Years, 5-7, 7-11 year olds
· https://www.kiddle.co – Kiddle is a child friendly search engine by google. A great place to find out about particular topics whilst staying safe online.
· https://www.cosmickids.com – Fantastic fun yoga stories for children. Will keep them entertained when they need down time!
· https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/supermovers – videos for getting children active
· www.natgeokids.com – National Geographic for kids has some stunning images and interactive games and colouring books. A lovely site for children to learn more about animals, wildlife and the world around them.
· https://play.numbots.com/#/intro– all children from Reception to Year 2 will have a login enabling them to access maths activities and games. Children with times tables Rockstars can use their login details to access Numbots
· https://masterthecurriculum.co.uk/- create a free membership to access a range of maths worksheets
· https://www.ncetm.org.uk/ – a website focussed on maths mastery, it contains ideas for activities and resources available to download
· www.phonicsplay.co.uk – This website is usually a subscription based website and is a firm favourite with year one. They have a huge range of fun phonics games for all levels in the Early years and KS1
· https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/ – A great website from the makers of the Biff and Chip books. There are some simple maths games and access to a huge range of ORT books. Very useful.
· https://www.ruthmiskin.com/en/find-out-more/parents/ – RWI phonics resources
· https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html – high quality films and animations that can be used as a stimulus for writing. The films on the site are suitable for primary aged children although some films may not be suitable for younger children. We recommend you watch any films before showing them to children.